Friday 12 October 2012

‘Mad Men’ lovebirds Vincent Kartheiser and Alexis Bledel step out as a couple

Alexis Bledel and Vincent Kartheiser in NYC (Getty Images)On "Mad Men," Vincent Kartheiser and Alexis Bledel's characters had a steamy one-nighter. Well, that reel affection has carried over into real life. They've been quietly dating for four months — and last night they went public with their romance.
Looking loved up, they posed together on the red carpet at the Macallan Masters Of Photography Series launch party at the Bowery Hotel in Manhattan on Wednesday night. They had their arms around one another and appeared a little giddy during their official coming out party, stealing glances at one another as flashes popped. And, while it could just be her makeup application, Bledel seemed to be blushing while cozying up to her new love.

"I'm a really lucky guy," Kartheiser, 33, told Us Weekly, which first broke the news of their romance, on the red carpet. He also shared their secret to making their budding romance work, saying, "The most important thing, for us, is to make sure that we see each other in the flesh at least once every 10 days. All the other stuff is good, like FaceTime and the texting. ...I love seeing her. You gotta make the flight!"
No word on whether one of the times they saw each other in the flesh was over the weekend at Amber Tamblyn's upstate New York wedding. Bledel, 31, was definitely there with the rest of her "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" costars (America Ferrera and Blake Lively) to celebrate her long-time pal's nuptials. However, Kartheiser wasn't seen in any of the photos that have been circulating from the untraditional wedding bash.
[Related: Photos from Amber Tamblyn and David Cross' star-studded wedding]
We do believe she's blushing! (Getty Images)Bledel, who is perhaps best known for her role as Rory Gilmore on "Gilmore Girls," was a guest star on "Mad Men" last season. She played a sad and lonely housewife, whose husband had little interest in her, so the married Pete Campbell stepped in. (Poor Trudy!) His interest in Bledel's Beth Dawes boarder on obsession. The relationship, which was more of a doomed infatuation, actually showed a new side of the largely slimy Pete.
In real life, Kartheiser seems like a quirky guy. For years he didn't own a car (although "Mad Men" films in Los Angeles, where wheels are necessary), he said in an interview that he did not have a toilet in his home, and he used to wear a fake wedding ring. However, in a recent interview he set the record straight on some of those topics, starting with the ring. "I did that for seven years, but I stopped a year ago," Kartheiser told WhereLA.com. "I haven't worn one since, except on 'Mad Men.' I found myself missing it. I like to stir the [pot], if you will. Sometimes I'd lie to people and tell them I was married. I don't know why I do anything I do. I'm an idiot (laughs)."
As for the car and toilet, "I bought a car last summer after four years of not having one," he told the website. "I just started having a lot of business appointments in different places. I still take the bus and the train, but it is nice to have a car for convenience's sake. Most of L.A. is not made up of people who are big movie stars or rich bankers. There are many people who rely on public transportation. As for a TV, I've always had one. And I have a toilet."
Whew — good thing about the loo. Call us crazy, but we just can't see Bledel spending much time at chez Kartheiser if the only option was an outhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment