Wednesday 19 September 2012

Woman takes husband to court for attempting to sleep with daughter

Woman takes husband to court for attempting to sleep with daughter
A middle aged woman, Afusat Ogunrinde, has accused her husband, Ibrahim, of attempting to sleep with her daughter.
Afusat told an Oshodi Grade ‘B’ Customary Court, Lagos, on Monday that Ibrahim made sexual advances to her first daughter, Sidikat, a teenager, who she had for another man.
Afusat said, “I didn’t initially understand what was happening. All I knew was that my husband was always at loggerheads with my daughter.
“There was a time I travelled and when I got back, Sidikat complained to me that my husband woke her up in the middle of the night and asked her to take off her pants and face the wall. I was shocked.”
Afusat said she confirmed her suspicions when an incident happened in her presence.
She said, “We stay in a one-room apartment and there was this day Sidikat suddenly screamed in the middle of the night. When I woke up, I saw my husband close to where my daughter slept.
“When I challenged him, he told me he was pursuing a rat and that the rat climbed his feet and ran towards the place where Sidikat slept. I took the matter up with him and since then he became more quarrelsome with her.”
When asked about the authenticity of her mother’s claims, Sidikat told the court that her stepfather had sexually harassed her.
Sidikat said, “All what my mother said is true. When I refused to give in to my stepfather’s advances, he started persecuting me.
“At a time, he would pour water on the bed when I was fast asleep in a bid to put me in a bad light by accusing me of bed-wetting all because I didn’t allow him to sleep with me.”
Afusat said she had to send her daughter packing due to the development.
She said, “He asked me to take her away or he will kill her if I fail to do so. When I sent her away – to another place three streets away – he still looked for her and beat her up.”
Besides, Afusat told the court that Ibrahim had also threatened to kill her and urged the court to dissolve their 17-year-old marriage, which is blessed with three children.
She said, “He has gone weird of late. He beats me up and would not stop until I get wounded. One night, he came back home drunk, gave me a knife and asked me to kill him. I had to run out of the home to save my life.
“My life is endangered and as far as I’m concerned, this marriage can no longer stand because it has already broken down.”
Meanwhile, Ibrahim denied making advances to Sidikat but admitted battering his wife.
He said,” I took Sidikat as a daughter and would never try to do such a thing. It looked like I was persecuting her because I wanted the best for her.
“Trouble began between me and her when she and my first child altered their school report cards and I tried to correct them.
“I beat both of them and I was surprised that she rebelled and despised me. Since then, we have been living like cat and mouse in the house.”
Ibrahim added that he battered his wife because she was cheating on him, an allegation which Afusat denied.
The acting Court President, Mrs. R.I. Adetola, after hearing both parties warned them to maintain peace pending the determination of the suit.
The case has been adjourned till June 16, for further hearing

No comments:

Post a Comment